Please note that the deadline for applications to Reception class for 2024/2025 is 15th January 2024. Any applications received after this date will be classed as late and will only be considered once all on time applications have been allocated.
Christ Church C.E. School is a Voluntary Aided School. The Governors are responsible for admissions.
The standard number agreed with the Local Authority for admissions to the reception class is 30.
When applications are received children with a statement of Special Educational Need which names the school will be given priority.
In the event of oversubscription the following criteria will then be applied:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children.
(A “looked after child” is a child who is a) in the care of a local authority, or b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions. Previously looked after children are children who were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted(or became subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order) including children who appear to the Admission Authority to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care because they were adopted.(A child is regarded as having been in state care in a place outside of England if they were accommodated by a public authority, a religious organisation or any other provider of care whose sole purpose is to benefit society. Applications must be supported with appropriate evidence that the child has been adopted from state care.) *
- Children who will have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission.
- Children of families (i.e. parents or grandparents) who are active worshipping members of Christ Church Pennington. ***
- Children of families (as above) who are active worshipping members of another Christian Church**** and who live within the ecclesiastical parish of Christ Church Pennington.
- Children who have a particular medical or social need which, when proven, are supported by evidence that indicates that their needs can only be met at this school.
- Other children who live within the parish – please visit: https://www.achurchnearyou.com/and search school’s postcode: WN7 4HB
- Children of families (i.e. parents & grandparents) who are active worshipping members of another Christian Church and who do not live within the parish boundaries.
- Other children who do not live within the parish boundaries.
Each of the above criteria will be considered in turn in descending order. All children who fulfil the criteria being considered will be offered places until the process would cause the number of offers to exceed the numbers of places available.
Late applications will only be considered after all the applications received on time, should any places remain. The only exception to this is applications for looked after children that are received by 15th February will be included with on time applications.
Even if your child is not due to start school this year, you can still register an interest with us by completing the form below and returning it to our school office.