Please note that the deadline for applications to Reception class for 2019/2020 is on the 15th January 2019. Any applications received after this date will be classed as late and will only be considered once all on time applications have been allocated.
Christ Church C.E. School is a Voluntary Aided School. The Governors are responsible for admissions.
The standard number agreed with the Local Authority for admissions to the reception class is 30.
When applications are received children with a statement of Special Educational Need which names the school will be given priority.
In the event of oversubscription the following criteria will then be applied:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children.
- Children who have a brother or sister attending the school at the time of admission.
- Children of a parent/parents who are active worshipping members of Christ Church Pennington.
- Children of a parent/parents who are active worshipping members of another Christian Church and who live within the ecclesiastical parish of Christ Church Pennington.
- Children who have a particular medical or social need which, when proven, indicate that they should attend their nearest school.
- Other children who live within the parish .
- Children of a parent/parents who are active worshipping members of another Christian Church and who do not live within the parish boundaries.
- Other children who do not live within the parish boundaries.
Each of the above criteria will be considered in turn in descending order. All children who fulfil the criteria being considered will be offered places until the process would cause the number of offers to exceed the numbers of places available.
Late applications will only be considered after all the applications received on time, should any places remain. The only exception to this is applications for looked after children that are received by 15th February will be included with on time applications.
Where there are more applicants for the available places within a category then distance to the child’s home from the main door of the school in a straight line, using Wigan Council’s measuring system, will be used as the determining factor, nearer addresses having priority over more distant ones. The home of the child being that of the main carer i.e. the address used to claim child benefit.
Even if your child is not due to start school this year, you can still register an interest with us by completing the form below and returning it to our school office.